Town of Lubec, Maine – Marriage Licenses & Certificates
Call 733-2341 for an Appointment 24 hours in advance (plan 1 hr).
Plan to schedule your appointment for staff availability.
– Court Certified Divorce Decree: of most recent divorce for each applicant (must have raised seal of originating court), observing 21 day wait period (or provide certified court waiver)
– Proof of Lubec Residency: (street address) If not on driver’s license; vehicle registration, current utility bill, current bank statement, current paystub, current state correspondence
– Form Requires: Names of both applicants’ parents; including both mothers’ maiden name, middle names (for all), and all parents’ state/province, & country of birth
– Must be Present: both applicants must appear to sign in presence of the Municipal Clerk (exceptions: incarceration/imminent death)
– Social Security Numbers: are required on the form
– Must be at least 18 years of age: If under 18; see requirements for parental consent/Judge of Probate
Marriage License: $40 License is valid for 90 days from date of issue
Marriage Certificate(s) – Issued after ceremony is complete: $15.00; $6.00 for additional copies in same transaction